The world’s most beautiful country is revealed: and the winner is Scotland. Who can deny that these wild beaches, deep lochs and craggy castles are some of the most wonderful and beautiful sights in the world?
Scotland voted the most beautiful country in the world.
The vote was carried out by readers of the Rough Guide website and guide books. It is pretty amazing to think that Scotland won especially when we were going up against spectacular places like Canada, New Zealand and Iceland !! and we came out on top.
There is a few reasons why we may have pipped the Kiwis, the Canadians and the Icelanders to the post.
- We have the natural beauty to rival any location on earth.
- As a country, we have a great brand.
- We have great people full of warmth and a culture steeped in being nice to strangers.
- One of the biggest TV shows in the world just now is based in Scotland and regularly shows off our spectacular scenery. ie Outlander
- Scotland holds a special place in the hearts of 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Scots throughout the world, maybe giving us a slight bias and potentially giving us a leg up especially a lot of New Zealand and Canadian travellers have family origins in Scotland.
A link to the worldwide TV sensation Outlander.
So what does the generic wikipedia entry say about Scotland.
“Scotland, is the U.K.’s northernmost country, we are a land of mountainous wildernesses such as the Cairngorms and Northwest Highlands, Highland Perthshire. The entire country is interspersed with glacial glens (valleys) and lochs (lakes). We two major cities Edinburgh, the capital, with its iconic hilltop castle, and Glasgow, famed for its vibrant cultural scene.”
As well as natural beauty Scotland is famous for inventing the 18th century (google it from TVs to Telephones, Engines to Tyres), modesty, golf, whisky, highlanders, tartan, ginger people, being tight with money, Robert Burns, romance, folk music, Irn Bru, healthy lifestyles and Scotty from Star Trek.
As Scots we are extremely proud of our nation, the rugged mountains and rolling hills but we already knew we had the most beautiful country in the world.
Canyoning in Scotland
For our potential Canyoning customers – you will be glad to know that you will be canyoning in some of the finest natural surroundings, in the most beautiful country that this planet has to offer. You will get a chance to see Scotland’s beauty like few rough guide readers ever have or ever will. We will shows you the Scotland that only a few have ever seen, we will take you deep into her beauty and show you places that few human eyes have ever gazed.
Not only this, we have a pretty amazing time doing it.
So come Canyoning in the most beautiful country on earth with Canyoning.co.uk .